Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Tree Hunting


So it was time to find a Christmas tree. The problem is that since we have moved, we have less space. It was my goal to find a "smaller" tree - one that wouldn't take up half the living space but still serve the purpose of being a good little Christmas tree. We rode all around in search of the perfect tree, suddenly there it was! It even had a pink ribbon on it, just like it was specially marked for us! I was so excited to get back to tell everyone that I found our tree. I made everyone drive down to the spot, the perfect little spot for the perfect little tree.
Now, not everyone was as excited as I was at the idea of having to settle for a smaller tree this year, but they were trying to be good sports. So finally we arrived at the spot. And here it is:


Isn't is pretty?! Ok, so it's a little small, maybe a little skinny, but it's cute! Should I share the reactions of my family? Let's start with Justin (he's usually has a positive attitude right?) - he said - whatever you want baby, that one is fine. Ok, we are off to a good start. Then it was time for the kids to see this magical little tree. Ashley said it was a little scrawny, Josh said it's not a real tree (not a real Christmas tree) and (the best for last) Brittany said, "what happened to that tree? Did a bear maul it or something?" Well, I thought once we got it home that they would appreciate it more. We just needed to get it home.....


Really, do we need straps? Pretty funny huh! Now, I knew we just needed to give this sweet little tree a home and the family would fall in love with it. Apparently my attitude was a little more optimistic than everyone elses. We got it put up in the stand last night and put lights on it (we will decorate it for FHE tomorrow night). I think it's kinda cute still, yes - it's a little small and different than what we are used to, but I am still convinced that it's the perfect tree. We have plenty of space left for entertaining and again, it serves it's purpose. So here's a picture of it with the lights on.....


Really, is it that bad? So, here are the comments I'm getting now.....mom, this isn't even a real tree - it doesn't even have the right kind of pine needles......what is wrong with this tree? This isn't a Christmas tree.......it's so Charlie Brown.....and on and on and on......



Well, I'm happy with my choice and I'm glad it doesn't have the "right" kind of needles because it won't make a mess all over the floor. Besides, it's not all about appearances right?! So this will be a special Christmas with our special tree - oh yes, it does also have two trunks (which just confirms with even more certainty to Brittany that this is not a real tree to be used as our Christmas tree because it's sooo bad it has to have two trunks). Even if I'm the only one who can appreciate the uniqueness of our tree, we will still have a wonderful Christmas!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That tree is so Hilarius. Seriously what a great story, and with the pictures it makes it real. You are joking right. That isn't your real tree is it. Just kidding, its cute. I did not know you moved. Fun stuff.

heidi_broncos said...

Yes, gotta love it. I don't know if I'll ever live this one down - BUT know this for sure, it will be a Christmas they won't forget (all because of my special little tree)!

amy glenn said...

I think it is an adorable tree! I would have picked it if I had found it....great story, Heidi!