Sunday, May 3, 2009

So, yes, it's been quite a while since I've updated my blog page. Give me a break - I'm working part-time (at Clear Choice), going to school more than full time, busy being a mom and a wife. I know many people juggle the same amount of things and more and are able to still maintain their blogs - I'm just not one of them.


With that being said, I'm now going to try once again to keep this page up to date. In April I was asked by my professor (Elizbeth Daniels) to present a poster with her at the Western Psychological Association (WPA) conference. I had been helping her with her research (mostly compiling and coding data that she had already collected) and now it was time to disseminate the findings to the world at large! It was a great experience! Not only did I get some experience in presenting a poster, it was great to listen to some of the amazing speakers and try to narrow my focus for my career. By the way, yes I know I'm slouching in the picture. I have horrible posture and my aunt would be devastated to see that I didn't listen to her as a little girl and straighten up!


As for the rest of life, all is well in the Wartena/Lougy home. Brittany is working (YES she finally got a job)!! She cleans house and makes very good money. She is also paying her own car insurance and gas and learning just how quickly money disappears. Ashley is doing track and doing very well at it! The coach wanted her to do varsity already and she's only a
freshman! She likes it alot and will
probably continue doing it throughout high
school. Josh is doing great as well! He's
enjoying being in 5th grade and is looking
forward to Jr. High next year. He's a great
kid and gets good grades. He is looking forward to being able to play soccer/baseball and football next year.
Justin is doing good too, busy substituting and still looking for a full-time teaching position. Hopefully he will be able to find something for next year. I am truly blessed and have the most amazing family on the planet!

2 comments:

traci said...

I'm so glad you updated! You sound very busy. I love your girls and am so glad they are doing well, too.

heidi_broncos said...

I'm going to really try this time.......I mean, look at you - you are WAY busier than I am and your blog is amazing! By the way, when I posted a comment to your blog I was logged in under another blog "love letters" - just in case you were wondering who that was. Can I just say - your kids ARE the cutest kids ever, I was in nursery with Paige - they are all so smart and I love them to pieces!!